In preparation for writing this post on my musicianship goals, I had a look at my original growth plan to see how I was doing in relation to the goals I laid out for myself at the beginning of the term. By this date I was hopeful to achieve my weekly goal of: watch[ing] instructional YouTube videos (30 mins) and practice smooth transitioning between chords. Also complete Blog post #4.

Well, I am writing post #4  and am definitely watching 30 mins (and often more) of YouTube videos a week, so I am happy to report that I keeping up with my goals.

Surprise

This assignment has surprised me. I did not think that it was possible to learn how to play an instrument, while in the midst of 6 courses, with 4 children–but here we are, and I am loving it!

Playing the ukulele has become a great source of enjoyment for me. I am finding it easy to find the time to practice because I am motivated by my progress. When I pick up my ukulele, the time seems to fly by and I can see why many people use musicianship as a means to destress, focus, and be happy.

Shallow

I added another song–Shallow by Lady Gaga to my musicianship goals and I am making great progress on it. Funny enough, I don’t even listen to Lady Gaga but this song is a lot of fun to play. One of the coolest parts of learning how to play the ukulele is the ability to look at music chords on a song sheet and play along.

This is the chord sheet that I have been using to play Shallow, which I retrieved from Pinterest.

Lady Gaga - Shallow | Ukelele chords ukulele songs, Ukulele songs, Ukulele chords songs

What’s Next?

My chord transitions are still not perfect (and I struggle to sing along) but I will continue to work on it. I will also keep persisting with perfecting the two other songs that I have committed to learn (The Good Morning Song & Over the Rainbow).